Tuesday, February 12, 2013

New York round dos


Why does the word and concept 'forgot' exist? I'm sure everyone would be happy to just do away with 'forgetting' anything. This past weekend, I flew to New York to visit my boyfriend. In the process and travel and hustle I 'forgot' my coat. It's 10 degrees in New York. I FORGOT MY COAT. Probably the single most important thing I needed to remember. But it didn't fit in my carry on and I was only going to be there for the weekend so I didn't check a bag. So I relied on hanging it over my suitcase. Welp, that may have worked if I had only remembered to bring it.
Naturally, when crisises like those arise, I'm torn. I arrive at a street corner between 'how could you have done this you're so stupid' and 'there's no use worrying about it, I'll just have to buy one when I get there' and I go back and forth between the two. So I called my mom, which most definitely was not the thing to do when I was panicking. I love my mom but she was not pleased with me. She proceeded to tell me how I better not get the flu and how she knows someone who just died because of the flu etc. Super comforting.
Luckily, I have the best friends ever and my boyfriend was able to find one for me to borrow for the weekend. But those few minutes in the freezing weather with no heavy coat have solidified my hate for the concept of forgetting.

Here's to hoping that my next travel adventure starts off a bit better, and with more 'remembering' going on.


Ugh.















No comments:

Post a Comment